Acccess a PDF of the Day at the Capitol agenda.
Monday, March 19, 2018
Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge
7:30 a.m. Check-in
8 a.m. Continental Breakfast — Capitol Hill Hall
8:30 a.m. Welcome — Kirk Schneidawind, MSBA Executive Director
8:45 a.m. Your Advocacy Matters — MSBA's Denise Dittrich and Kimberley Dunn Lewis
9:15 a.m. Issues You Need to Know for a Successful Lobbying Day at the Capitol
- Policy and Finance Issues — MSBA's Grace Keliher
10 a.m. Break
10:15 a.m. State Senate and House Office Meetings (scheduled by board members*)
Hot Topics Presentations:
- TRA: Is 2018 the Year? — John Wickland (Teachers Retirement Association)
- Special Education: Where is the Breakdown? — Tom Melcher (Minnesota Department of Education)
- School Safety: The New Normal — Randy Johnson (Minnesota School Safety Center)
- Federal Tax Bill: Will Minnesota Conform? — Paul Cummmings (Minnesota Department of Revenue)
Lunch will be provided during one of our breaks in between speakers.
Around the State Capitol Building
1 p.m. State Capitol Building, Room 316 — Conversations with Legislative Leaders
State Senate and House Office Meetings (scheduled by board members*)
3 p.m. House Floor Session* — State Capitol Building, Second Floor (optional)
Senate E-12 Finance Committee Meeting — Minnesota Senate Building, Room 1100 (optional)
*Please feel free to attend your previously scheduled meetings with your elected representatives from 10 a.m. to noon OR from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.. Another option is to ask your state representative to leave the floor session to meet with you outside the House chambers.
Here is a list of issues in the Governor's Supplemental Budget